Welcome to School of Health and Health Technology.
Ayotunde S. Adeagbo Ph.D.
The School of Health and Health Technology was intended to start in the academic year 1984/85 with the admission of pre-clinical students, with the projection that the University will have all facilities available for clinical sciences by 1986/87 session.
The expansion of the academic frontiers in the Federal University of Technology, Akure led to the establishment of the School of Health and Health Technology (SHHT) in the year 2015, in fulfilment of the visions of the founding fathers of FUTA which will eventually lead to the establishment of a medical school with a teaching hospital as contained in the academic brief of FUTA at inception.
In keeping with the overall academic aims of the University, the School of Health and Health Technology will seek to:-
- Contribute to national development, self-reliance and unity through the advancement and propagation of knowledge in the field of Health, and Health Technology and using such knowledge for service to the community and humanity
- Train physicians, nurses, pharmacists, medical laboratory scientists and other professionals in the field allied to medicine in degree and non-degree programmes; with such training emphasizing team approach to health care delivery.
- Relate the training of all grades of health personnel both in aims and operations to national policies for health in order to provide comprehensive health care to the community for the promotion, maintenance, protection and restoration of health in rural and urban communities.
- Understand and apply sophisticated/advanced procedures and equipment with a view to adopting, designing and innovating existing and future procedures and equipment for the needs of the country taking into account our infrastructural facilities, culture, health care needs, economic status and climatic conditions.
- Promote a high standard of health care delivery within the catchment area.
- Offer training of a standard that would enable the graduates build upon his/her professional knowledge and skills.